Thursday, July 13, 2006

Meeting an old Friend

One day while I was coming back to the hostel to have my lunch, I saw a girl of my own age coming in front of me. She was carrying an umberella and looked smart and elegant.A voice came out of me ..."I want to know her". As she approached me, she asked me this question"Do you know me?". For a fraction of second, I was surprised to hear her. Then she put up another.."What is my name?". I found my mouth uttering "Yes, I know you.". And told her her name as well.
It had been a long time since I had last seen her, nearly three years. We used to go for coaching together.
It was nice to see her again, all of a sudden. It was n't that we were die hard friends, but, still we had a very good rapport. She was staying in the same hostel as mine.
We met in the evening and talked of past and present. Time seemed to have contracted..all these years.
Wow! What a wonderful feeling it is to meet your friends again. The warmth remains the same over the years. The dust of time does not overshadow the glitter of the gem called friendship.Cheers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess u r perfectly right. The shine of the gem of Friendship can almost never be affected by time. Xperienced it myself very recently. Frndshp is probably the much coveted time machine. One can go bak and forth in time in this ship alone, without losing the sheen of the relation.

simplYme said...

@vineesh
Wonderful thoughts!

Anonymous said...

sorry this is a bit out of context....long time no see...
Seasons Greetings and wishing you and your family a very Happy Diwali!

hseeniv said...

Hey, still awaiting ur return to the blog world!! :)

hseeniv said...

Here's sm impetus to write again!

Tagged u here:
http://hseeniv.blogspot.com/2007/06/8rf-game.html

U just gotta follow the instructions on my blog and continue the fun! :)

sugar & spice said...

hey vijju... keep writing na :(